Our volunteers have as much fun as the kids!
Got skills and experience? We can use ’em! Want skills and experience? We can build ’em!
Why be a YMCA OSCAR or Breakaway volunteer?
You’ll work as part of a team, alongside experienced staff. You’ll get involved with the kids, manage your group, role model positive attitude and have lots of fun!
- Looks great on your CV
- Counts towards community service projects and Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Awesome leadership experience – employers and universities love this!
What our volunteers are saying: “I love being a YMCA volunteer — staff are nice & supportive, the activities are awesome, and I really enjoy working with the kids. Heaps of fun!”
- All the cool activities you do on the programmes are FREE
- Lots of training, support & development for you
- Flexible times: ½ day, whole day or all week – we can work around your schedule!
YMCA OSCAR and Breakaway volunteers are:
- at least 16 years old
- available during the Primary and Secondary School holiday periods
- willing to attend training & fill out some paperwork
- able to get to the OSCAR and Breakaway sites in Timaru (Timaru South School / Mountainview High School) and the YMCA offices in Ashburton (Tancred Street Mall)
If this sounds like you, contact us today about these great volunteer/leadership opportunities.